Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Win Live Mail, ho do I access basic functions?

Hi all.

I recently upgraded to Win 7 Ultimate and Win Live Mail, and this is where the problem lays.

How can I get back the FILE:EDIT:VIEW:TOOLS et. back to the top of the page? As part of the same problem, I also want to have access to the text facilities of, BOLD:UNDERLIUNED:ITALICS:BOLD UNDERLINE etc. functions.

I managed to find the latter when I click "New"(mail) and then the "Message" tab, but when the drop down tool bar appears all the functions that appear on the right side of this panel are grayed out and access is denied.

Very frustrating. Can anyone help please?

Regards

Reply 1 : Win Live Mail, ho do I access basic functions?

with the menu ribbons so that it looks like MS Word etc.

The Font options are greyed out until your curser (invitation to type) is active in the text area of the new message.

Reply 2 : Win Live Mail, ho do I access basic functions?

Thanks peacox. All fixed.

Regards.

Reply 3 : Win Live Mail, ho do I access basic functions?

When starting a new message, be sure the box marked plain text (in the message tab) is activated, not rich text. I have not yet found the tabs for File,Edit,view or tools,in win live mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment