Thursday, March 17, 2011

Which browser for a Mac?

Chrome or Safari?



TIA

Reply 1 : Which browser for a Mac?

I use Chrome because I love the sync features. I have multiple machines and I dont wanna install add ons one more time, plus chrome use less memory.

Reply 2 : Which browser for a Mac?

Both 10char

Reply 3 : Which browser for a Mac?

Am I the only one who uses Firefox for Mac? :P



I like the fact that Firefox feels "smooth" when scrolling on my MBP 13". Chrome and Safari have a very slight "jumpy" feeling when scrolling on any web pages, particularly javascript heavy ones.

Reply 4 : Which browser for a Mac?

Check my Avatar.

Reply 5 : Which browser for a Mac?

Firefox here too.

Reply 6 : Which browser for a Mac?

+1 for Firefox. Chrome still just feels like "beta" software to me for some reason...don't ask me why

Reply 7 : Which browser for a Mac?

Chrome, I'm using beta channel for faster updates and it doesn't feel like a beta to me.



For smooth scrolling, use SmoothScroll extension.



I love it for its sync features (I have 4+ computers) and its super fast predictive browsing/URL completion and performance, as well as the minimalistic yet friendly user interface.



Nothing wrong with using two or more browsers, if one is better than others in a specific situation.

Reply 8 : Which browser for a Mac?


Quote:








Originally Posted by shurcooL
View Post

For smooth scrolling, use SmoothScroll extension.



LOL

That is sort of comedic and ironic that you need to install an extension to get normal functionality. I would say that it is the epiphany of "beta-like" to need to do that.



It begs the question, what else do you need to install to make Chrome function normally?

Reply 9 : Which browser for a Mac?

Chrome and Firefox... no one uses Safari?

No comments:

Post a Comment