Friday, March 25, 2011

Blue Screen - Red screen

Been getting quite a few lockups as of late



Sometimes i will get a Windows Bluescreen of depth

with reference to nvlddmk.sys



Some times i will get a plain blue screen lockup ( from what looks like the graphics card ) . Have to reboot as the screen turns off



Some times will also get a red screen lockup ( from what looks like the graphics card ) . Have to reboot as the screen turns off



Had the graphics card replaced on monday



It is very infrequent and happens randomly . I dont game on the laptop and this is normally when in photoshop and playing online radio .



Does this sound like a graphics card issue ?



I do notice my fans come on after i have rebooted but the cpu temps seem ok..



I have a 260 Gtx btw



Recently replaced



processor = 920xm

Memory has been replaced with 2x corsair 4gb sticks

CD drive has been replaced with a 500gb HDD caddy



graphics card was replaced earlier this week due to these problems !

I was running the latest version of the drivers ( which i have now upgraded today with the newest )



Has any one got a link to some drivers that are known to work ok ?

Reply 1 : Blue Screen - Red screen

Ive also had driver crashes ( windows )



ntoskrnl.exe+80640



dxgkrnl.sys dxgkrnl.sys+5d000 fffff880`0fc90000 fffff880`0fd84000 0x000f4000 0x4ce799fa 20/11/2010 09:50:50



dxgmms1.sys dxgmms1.sys+ff07 fffff880`0fd84000 fffff880`0fdca000 0x00046000 0x4ce799c1 20/11/2010 09:49:53



nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm.sys+156408 fffff880`0f032000 fffff880`0fc8d180 0x00c5b180 0x4d64bb6c 23/02/2011 07:46:52

Reply 2 : Blue Screen - Red screen

I had a similar problem with my 260m. Dell replaced my video card 3 times, the heat sink twice, and the motherboard once. I also reformatted my hard drive. And I still had BSOD, locked up red screens, and driver timeout errors. I searched google for this problem, and got a ton of hits, using the exact phrase noted in the error message.



It's a known issue with the 260m. Alot of people complain about it, but no resolution has been found. I tried the dell drivers on their support site, older drivers posted by members here, and the newest drivers on nvidia's site, but the intermittent problem kept occuring.



Dell sent me a new, well refurbished , laptop, with the 5850 card instead. Just received it, no problems yet. I would rather them have sent me one with the new 460, but they didn't. Good luck.



Tom

Reply 3 : Blue Screen - Red screen

tbh i wouldnt have minded so much if i 100% new it was the graphics card as i would just buy a replacement .



I dont want to spend out if it does not solve the problem



Thanks for the reply btw

Reply 4 : Blue Screen - Red screen

If it's still under warrranty, Dell will make it right. If it's isn't , then maybe someone with more knowledge than me will be able to guide you better, before you plunk down your hard earned dollars. I was sure it was a video card issue with my computer, and it was still under warranty.



Tom

Reply 5 : Blue Screen - Red screen

had a new one just a second ago



Whole computer frozen . it then beeps and the CPU and graphics fans come on full blast

Reply 6 : Blue Screen - Red screen


Quote:








Originally Posted by Tpcorr
View Post

If it's still under warrranty, Dell will make it right. If it's isn't , then maybe someone with more knowledge than me will be able to guide you better, before you plunk down your hard earned dollars. I was sure it was a video card issue with my computer, and it was still under warranty.



Tom



Im a bit limited as to what they can replace.

My machine is hardly 'unmodified'



Ive replaced



The cpu

The disk drive

The HDD

The RAM

Reply 7 : Blue Screen - Red screen


Quote:








Originally Posted by 2097
View Post

Im a bit limited as to what they can replace.

My machine is hardly 'unmodified'



Ive replaced



The cpu

The disk drive

The HDD

The RAM



I'm not sure if that would invalidate your warranty, but if you still have the old parts, you could always put them back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment