Friday, March 25, 2011

Booq Boa Squeeze - Personal experiences?

Laptop backpacks by booq



I've been looking at this bag since I ordered my X201. When I ordered the laptop, the bag was out of stock, and reporting some lengthy wait times, so I decided to compromise with a Targus Groove, which was available locally, and cheap. While the Targus is a great bag, especially when considering an overnight trip where I might have to pack clothing, it's not optimal for quick trips to the city, or pretty much any situation where I'm walking any distance with the bag. The items inside tend to shift to the rear and cause back strain, even with the straps nice and snug. The Squeeze looks like it would distribute weight better, and hold it closer to the body - which is my major gripe with the Groove, all the weight hangs out as far back as it can, and causes the strain. I figure this is the place to find someone who's got one of these bags, and perhaps get some idea if this will address what ails me with my Targus.

Reply 1 : Booq Boa Squeeze - Personal experiences?

I have heard nothing but great things about the Boa squeeze and other Booq products. I know a quite a few Alienware M17x users bought Booq bags and had good things to say. and that is a 12 pound laptop! lol

Reply 2 : Booq Boa Squeeze - Personal experiences?

i don't have the Squeeze, but I have used Booq Boa L and the Mamba M. One immediately noticeable awesomeness of the bags are that they have a hiking backpack's 'lightness' while looking no more clunky than an everyday backpack.



Booq bags are the absolutely highest quality, but you pay a hefty premium for that. Another thing to keep in mind is that you get NOWHERE near the amount of space they say you do. Take a look at their pictures and you will only be able to fit about 1/3 of the contents while still being able to easily use the bags(as in not having to repack everything every time you pull one item out).

No comments:

Post a Comment