Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Can't access pictures on older camera

I have an old simple camera that worked on my older laptop(dell/running on Professional 2000). That computer is gone now and now I have a laptop/acer/win7. When I connect the camera to the usb port, windows automatically went to search for a usb1.1 device driver. It failed to find one.

What is the newest usb version (the old one was usb1.1). I find some usb1.1 driver even on this website, but if I download it how does it know where to look for it and use it? And if I download it, will it make my current (2 of them) usbport version 1.1's ? I don't know what they are now.

I like to get that connection going because the camera is very small in size and light and I can hang it off my keychain. The camera still takes pictures. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Reply 1 : Can't access pictures on older camera

I am familiar with that type of camera.
I bought one out of curiosity.
It won't work because there is no driver for Windows 7 for that camera.

Those cameras are made in China and dumped in the USA in large quantities under many different names.
No one supports them, not even the manufacturer.

Time to look for a new camera.
Be sure to verify that it does come with Window 7 drivers.

..

Reply 2 : Can't access pictures on older camera

A keychain camera, huh? Looks about right. It's about that small. It's a Child's Disney camera. I just wanted to bring on my 5k races and take pictures but don't want to really carry much.

Thanks for the info.

Reply 3 : Can't access pictures on older camera

Based on what you had said, I did assume that your camera does not have a removable memory card.

If it does have a removable memory card, you can always use a card reader to retrieve your pictures.


..

No comments:

Post a Comment