Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Inspiron 1318 to external monitor

Hello,



I have a Inspiron 1318 which has a intel GMA x3100 and a VGA output spot. I am planning on building a desktop in 6 months or so. I would like to go ahead and purchase the monitor for my new desktop now and use it with my laptop. The 13" screen is getting old and since I have graduated college I hardly ever move the laptop off my desk. I only have VGA output and I have heard some problems with using VGA and LCD screens. I am looking at the ASUS VH232H Newegg.com - ASUS VH232H Glossy Black 23" 5ms Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 w/Speakers & HDMI.



Since my laptop naturally goes 1280 by 800 and the other LCD goes 1920 by 1080 am I going to have any quality problems? Also will I get a fuzzy/blurry picture due to using VGA? Could I combat this by using the LCD at a lower resolution? Any tips would be appreciated as I would love to have a larger screen for this laptop.



Thank you.

Reply 1 : Inspiron 1318 to external monitor

If you "clone" your desktop to the external display, you will get a fuzzy picture because the external display is not only of a different resolution, but of a different aspect ratio as well.



If you "extend" your desktop to the external display and set the resolution accordingly, you should be able to display a clear picture at the external display's native resolution.

Reply 2 : Inspiron 1318 to external monitor

Ok I think I would use the fn - f8 duo but I wouldn't want to set it at projector only? Ah well I guess ill just have to get it and fiddle around with those settings. The picture should be clear though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment