Thursday, March 17, 2011

98 corolla headlight bulb



Hey everyone,



One of my headlights just burned out today. I'm pretty sure I'm running on Sylvania bulbs, but after doing some research I've read that Sylvania bulbs don't last long. Now that I think about it, I changed both of my headlights less than 2 years ago (I think it might have only been a year or so).



I was browsing around for headlights and found a couple of Philips headlights that both got some very high reviews.



Philips Night Guide



Philips X-treme Power Philips X-treme Power


I'm kind of worried about the bulb life because of the daytime running lights on my car. Any of you have experience with Philips bulbs or can make some other recommendations?



Thanks!

Reply 1 : 98 corolla headlight bulb



Depends on which Sylvania bulbs you had - if they were the Silverstars, then yes, I'd say they do seem to have a higher failure rate that standard bulbs - but OEM and long life Sylvania bulbs are pretty decent.



The DRLs do tend to shorten their lifespans, so getting 2-5 years out a set of bulbs is pretty typical. On my 2002 Corolla - the OEM bulbs lasted about three years - swapped them for Sylvania LL bulbs, going almost 5 years, still working, but they have started to dim in intensity.



Haven't run the Philips X-treme Power bulbs, but have run standard Philips bulbs in the past. I'd say they are pretty equivalent to the Sylvania bulbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment