Sunday, March 20, 2011

Unexpected quits from safari and itunes

I replaced my WD Scorpio black with a Seagate Momentus XT hybrid drive, and installed an 8 GB kit into my revision 5.1 unibody MBP 2.53 ghz.



I did a fresh install of Snow Leopard, did all my updates, installed the latest Adobe flash plugin, moved over my important data. Good to go. Or not...



Safari quits ALL THE TIME...every time I visit my site for watching TV it quits unexpectedly. I know the whole Flash plugin story jibberish but prior to my HD and Ram upgrades this rarely occurred! Now, every single time I go that site, or any flash based site it WILL freeze and quit.



iTunes is the same story. It quits unexpectedly every single time I open it. It will play music for a while, then quit by itself 'unexpectedly'.



This is making me lose faith in the OSX stability. The thing that bothers me the most is that before I did the upgrades this never happened. No freezing, no quitting unexpectedly etc etc...



What could be going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment