Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Which is a better spell-check for IE9?

Hello:



Just wanted to know - by user experience - which is a better (more fluid, seamless, efficient but unobtrusive) spell checker for IE9?



Currently, I use Speckie. It's OK. I believe there is another app called ieSpell or something like that.



Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 : Which is a better spell-check for IE9?

The Sage and WordWeb will both do in-line spell check for many programs including IE.

Reply 2 : Which is a better spell-check for IE9?


Quote:








Originally Posted by newsposter
View Post

The Sage and WordWeb will both do in-line spell check for many programs including IE.



Thanks. But I have never even heard of these!!! Can you post links? In the meantime, I'll search online.



Edit: This is regarding WordWeb and is from the FAQ on their site:




Quote:







Can I use WordWeb as a spell checker?



WordWeb is not a spell checker, though it will suggest alternatives to common misspellings. You cannot use it to spellcheck documents.


Reply 3 : Which is a better spell-check for IE9?

i have used ieSpell for years

does the job great

Reply 4 : Which is a better spell-check for IE9?

I've used IEspell for quite a few years and only recently started using Speckie and there's no comparison between the two; IEspell feels like a program for Win 95 in comparison. Speckie is also fully supported in IE9 where IEspell I found was very buggy.

Reply 5 : Which is a better spell-check for IE9?

if you want to go one step further you could use a autohotkey script that automatically changes words when you misspell them... but it would require a little work to set up

Reply 6 : Which is a better spell-check for IE9?


Quote:








Originally Posted by Texanman
View Post

if you want to go one step further you could use a autohotkey script that automatically changes words when you misspell them... but it would require a little work to set up



That, I'm afraid, is a little beyond me at the moment!

Reply 7 : Which is a better spell-check for IE9?

I'm using Speckie.

Reply 8 : Which is a better spell-check for IE9?

Btw, when you folks use Speckie + IE9 do you notice an intermittent lag while using GMail?

Reply 9 : Which is a better spell-check for IE9?

None that I've noticed, but I don't email too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment