Monday, March 14, 2011

Missing Printers in Printers and Faxes - Spooler is running!

I have had a problem for a while now and can't figure it out. My main computer which has my printers installed on it now does not show any printers. However, I can see them under "View Workgroup Computers" as they are shared (network) printers. My problem is that I cannot install any printers nor can I see any in the Printers and Faxes. I can print and they show up under printers to select from programs but because I can't see them, I am having trouble updating programs like Adobe. Adobe fails making a reference to the printers.

I checked the print spooler under Services and it is running. The dependencies are also running.

I have stopped and restarted it but the "Printer and Faxes" screen is still blank. I have no viruses and have scanned for them with Norton, Trend Micro, and even ran Hijackthis. I tried using a Windows print spooler cleaner but that barfed and would not work.

I also tried creating a new user and gave that user Admin Rights/Permissions and the printers still can't be seen.

I tried to add printers via the Microsoft Windows Network and I was told that I did not have administraive priv. to do it. This makes no sens since I am the admin. on my local computer and no settings have changed to cause this type of error message.

Any suggestions?

Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment