Thursday, March 17, 2011

Unable to install software from CD drive

I was unable to get either my internal or external CD drives to recognize the tax software CD I bought. They "see" & work with music CD's though.I looked in device manager & it says they are working fine. When I look at "my computer" the drive letter that corresponds to the one the disc is in doesn't show as a CD is installed but does show a title of the CD when a music CD is inserted? Dell Inspiron 530 with 3 gb Ram. External CD drive is a Pacific Digital..

Reply 1 : Unable to install software from CD drive

The work around is to find another PC with a working drive, copy the contents of the CD to a USB-stick and install from there.

Failing with one data CD doesn't necessarily mean a problem. That would have to be a problem with both your internal and external drive. It could be a problem with just this disk also. So after you installed that software via the USB-stick, go and experiment with a few other data cd's.

Kees

No comments:

Post a Comment