Tuesday, March 15, 2011

IPhoto 9-library

I've copied Iphoto library to external drive. Iphoto library internal was in Macintosh HD > volumes folder. I cannot see this folder any longer. May someone direct me to this volumes folder so I can see the library once again on my internal drive. Thx!
Macbook Pro OS X, 2.2 GHz, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Reply 1 : IPhoto 9-library

is in your HOME folder in the folder called Pictures

Start iPhoto with the Option key held down and it will ask you for the location of the library.
Navigate to the pictures folder on the HD and you should find the library

P

Reply 2 : IPhoto 9-library

That's the problem..I've done this a few times. Not there. Some friend had played around with files on my Macbook. This is why I stated that the IPHOTO LIBRARY was in a Macintosh HD > Volumes folder. I searched around the net...this folder is a hidden folder, and I would love to have someone tell me how to unhide it (as we used to say in PC-windows times ) hope you or someone can help. THX!

Reply 3 : IPhoto 9-library

another Hard Drive other than the one that the current (default) iPhoto library resides on.

I have three external drives, each with a copy of the iPhoto library, and when I use the Option key at startup, I get the choice of all 4 iphoto library locations.
SINGLE clicking on the default one shows /Users/myname/Pictures/iPhoto Library

However, when I click on one of the other choices I get the following:

/Volumes/Fantom 1/myname/Pictures/iPhoto Library

This indicates that the library is on the Volume called Fantom 1. Volume is a term used to describe the storage area of the Hard Drive.

Launch Disk Utility. In the left hand column you will see the name of your hard drive underneath the actual hard drive.
For instance:

500.11 GB S3500418ASQ Media (This is the actual physical hard drive)

Macintosh HD (this is the name that I gave to the VOLUME that was created on the Physical Hard Drive when it was initialized)

Put your cursor over the first line and, eventually, a popup will appear and say 500.11GB Internal SATA Disk. (Yours may say something different)
Now move your cursor to the next line and the popup will say Start up Volume.

Single clicking on each of the lines will display the same information at the bottom of the window

The Volume is not some hidden file or directory, it is the term used to describe the storage area of a disk that has been formatted to suit your OS. A CD, DVD, Floppy or a Thumbdrive can all be volumes. All it takes is the OS recognizing it and mounting it on the desktop.

Now, all we need from you is the actual location, as given by iPhoto, of the other iPhoto Libraries. It will be similar to the example given above.


P

No comments:

Post a Comment