Sunday, December 26, 2010

Two Samsung Touch of Color TVs garble the sound occasionally

I have a Samsung T200HD and T260HD. The smaller TV is using internal speakers, the larger TV is connected to a Sony 5.1 Receiver. For several months now both TVs garble the sound intermittently. I have Comcast BASIC cable with no set top box. I first thought the old cable from the street to house was supplying a weak signal, though the display never garbled. Comcast nicely replaced my lead in. The Technician suggested I had enough signal to use a passive splitter and I should delete my Radio Shack amplifier/splitter. I ran both sets without the amplifier, still garbled. Since the 20 inch is 30 feet from the passive splitter I put the R.S. amplifier on that set only. Signal level on digital stations are 9-10 bars. Still, I can't watch a 30 minute local news program without missing much of the news. Curiously only digital channels garble. I can watch the same local news on an analog channel with NO garble. I like digital, and wish I could watch it! Other hints: both sets have a DVD/VCR connected. I can record digital channels and they sound fine. Only the two Samsung TV tuners garble. I have a 10 Coby digital TV and it doesn't garble.

I'm at wits end, any suggestions?

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment