Sunday, December 26, 2010

Trouble removing a Dell printer driver in WinXP

You may remember my other topic about my parents' 11 year old Dell, well they upgraded to a 5 year old Dell they had at my father's office. I set that one up for them too back in 2005 but I had completely forgot it existed. Anyway, it's a huge improvement and I'm trying to bring it up to speed for them, but a few things are confounding me.



It came with a long gone printer, so I was removing its drivers from the system. I went to control panel, printers, and just right click + delete the " Dell Photo AIO 962 Printer" entry, and it removed successfully. The problem is now the same printer is showing up in Add/Remove Programs and the folder with the printer software cannot be deleted (currently in-use error). When uninstalling it from a/r p it says uninstallation complete, restart - but then everything still shows up (but it remains gone from the control panel > printers list).



It's a Dell OptiPlex GX280 and the printer in question was a Dell Photo AIO 962 Printer. It's on WinXP with SP3.



Any ideas on how to get rid of the printer software/drivers? I don't have access to this actual printer itself.

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment