Tuesday, December 21, 2010

International Warranty?

Hi, my name is Matt, and I'm from Argentina. Here in Argentina in the LA website of you cannot customize half of the notebooks on the catalog, so I'll take advantage my girlfriend is going to USA, and I'll ask her to bring me an XPS 15" (lastest ones) customized bought from website.



Thing is that my girlfriend eventually will come back to Argentina, and I'd like to keep my warranty over here, because I know Dell has support here, including in my city.



So... I asked to an Agent on Dell's online customer service:




Quote:







Mathew: "Hello"

Mathew: "I have a few doubts about the warranty service"

Agent (Susheel T): "Great! I would be happy to help you with that

."

Mathew: "I'm from Argentina and i'll travel to New York for x-mas and new year ."

Mathew: "Thing is that I'll probably buy myself a 'Dell XPS 15' (notebook) as a present hah "

Mathew: "I know there is an International Warranty, but I'd like if you could explain me how's the warranty service, because I'll come back to Argentina with that notebook, and I'd like to keep the warranty over here too."

Agent (Susheel T): "If you go with the advanced service warranty you will be able to use that warranty"

Agent (Susheel T): "in the other country as well"

Agent (Susheel T): "And the advanced service warranty covers accidental damages"

Agent (Susheel T): "such as liquid spills on the laptop"

Agent (Susheel T): "drops and falls"

Agent (Susheel T): "other collisions"

Mathew: "'Advanced warranty service'? How come I did not see that on the customize options, is it over there?"

Agent (Susheel T): "Yes it is under software and services tab"

Agent (Susheel T): "if you click on that"

Agent (Susheel T): "you will see the service plan"

Mathew: "Ok, I'm on the 'SELECT MY SERVICE PLAN' part"

Mathew: "There are 3 categories:"

Mathew: "1) Basic (In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis)

2) Advanced (In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis)

3) Premium (In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis)"

Mathew: "Any of those has something to do with the warranty?"

Agent (Susheel T): "please go with the advanced service plan"

Agent (Susheel T): "for the international warranty"

Mathew: "Number 2?"

Agent (Susheel T): "Advanced (In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis)"

Agent (Susheel T): "Yes you are right"

Mathew: "It's like **** USD more"

Mathew: "that's crazy"

Mathew: "because it's 3 years"

Agent (Susheel T): "ok"

Agent (Susheel T): "Realistically, how much are you planning to invest for this computer? I want to make sure I respect whatever pricing decisions, you may have already made."

Mathew: "Uhm, let me do the conversion, because I have pesos in here, but i'll buy dollars"

Mathew: "**** - ****"

Agent (Susheel T): "please give me one minute"

Mathew: "Sure, I'm plenty of time. Just started vacations over here! heh"

Agent (Susheel T): "Here are the specs"

..

..

Agent (Susheel T): "Market Value1 $****.98

Total Savings $****.00

Dell Price $****.98"

Agent (Susheel T): "with out taxes"

Agent (Susheel T): "and I will help you with a free shipping"

Agent (Susheel T): "this is including the warranty"

Agent (Susheel T): "and the mouse"

Mathew: "warranty over here too? in Argentina?"

Agent (Susheel T): "Yes you are right"

Mathew: "Because I talked with a guy on another chat earlier and he told me there is not warranty from US to Argentina"

Mathew: "that I needed to ask the customer service for a transference"

Mathew: "and i was like ?, seriously?"

Agent (Susheel T): "I am really very sorry for the inconvenience"

Agent (Susheel T): "Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

Mathew: "Is there on the website where can I read about the 'Advanced' warranty service?"

Mathew: "I want to be able to print the warranty description to show my gf it says I can have international warranty"

Agent (Susheel T): "If you keep the arrow on that option you will be able to see all the details"

Mathew: "let's see"

Mathew: "Advanced service plan.

Get everything in the basic plan PLUS Accidental Damage Service, which includes coverage for:

bla bla bla

but nothing about international warranty"

Mathew: "I just need a proof that says it has international warranty to print"

Agent (Susheel T): "I am sorry there is no such proof the advanced service warranty is the international warranty"

Agent (Susheel T): "and now it is your wish Mathew"

Mathew: "Ok"

Mathew: "i trust you :P"

Agent (Susheel T): "v" (copy & paste failure)

Agent (Susheel T): "Hope I have answered all your questions"

Mathew: "Yeah, thanks"


After that I decided to ask another agent:


Quote:







Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "How can I help you today?"

Aereal: "Hello. I'm a quit confused about warranties"

Aereal: "a bit*"

Aereal: "I've been told by another agent that there are international warranties, right?"

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "Sorry about that, I can help you out.. "

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "Im afraid we do not offer an option to have International warranty coverage at the point of sale however you can call our Technical Support for assistance. Youd need to present your Service Tag number thats why it should be done after point of sale."

Aereal: "Because I'm from Argentina, and I'll be traveling to United States on x-mas, and possibly buy a Notebook over there. But after new year I'll come back to Argentina, and I still want to have my warranty"

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "Oh I see."

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "You can have the International Warranty after point of Sale."

Aereal: "What does that mean? 'after point of sale'?"

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "That means after buying the system."

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "Yo should receive first the laptop before having the international warranty."

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "*You"

Aereal: "And then? how i can get the international warranty"

Aereal: "how can I*"

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "Once you receive the system you need to contact out technical Support and request for an International warranty."

Aereal: "This is what I told another agent: "I know there is an International Warranty, but I'd like if you could explain me how's the warranty service, because I'll come back to Argentina with that notebook, and I'd like to keep the warranty over here too."

And t"

&nbsp he agent replied: "If you go with the advanced service warranty you will be able to use that warranty in the other country as well"

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "I'm very sorry for the misinformation Aereal."

Aereal: "That's not the first agent on telling me I could have international warranty that way"

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "The correct answer for your concern is by contacting the technical support after point of sale to have an international warranty."

Aereal: "From my country?"

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "Since you said you will purchase that here in US, I suggest once the system was shipped in a US address, you need to call Technical Support by this number: 1-****-****-****."

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "You must give them the service tag number of that laptop to have an international warranty."

Aereal: "and they will charge me for getting an international warranty? I mean, why not just give me all at once?"

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "I'm sorry I don't have information regarding the price, since my tools are limited to building new computer purchases. I suggest you call our tech support for assistance."

Aereal: "I'm on Argentina, and I currently can't do large distance phone calls."

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "Would you like me to transfer you to our Technical Support?"

Aereal: "Please "

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "Please stay connected while I transfer you."

Aereal: "Ok."

Agent (Jinnymah Suarez): "Happy Holidays. "

[And nothing happened, I waited for 2 hours and nobody answered me]


So now they're telling me 'First buy it and then we talk about international warranty', but I'm not going to buy anything without knowing I'll have a Warranty here in Argentina.



I'm new at this stuff, maybe someone can explain me what's going on? I'd really appreciate that!

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment