Tuesday, December 21, 2010

RAID1 Enclosure

I am looking for a RAID1 (mirrored) enclosure I can use as a backup box. I am a graphic designer and photographer, and my current desktop and laptops both use RAID0 for speed (which is freaking me out). I have everything backed up on an external LaCie drive, but I don't trust it as far as I could throw it.



If I lose these files I've basically lost everything (I backup really important things on DVD however, that ends up being very costly even at a buck a piece).



So basically I am looking for an external RAID1 case that runs off of eSata or USB 3.0, just to be sure that in an emergency worst-case scenario there's a good chance I still have it all.



The case should support two 7200 RPM drives, up to 2 TB of data at least.



I hope to get something stylish, preferably a black polished metal with LED lighting, as it will be a desk piece in my office and not shoved away in some server room.



Does anyone have any recommendations? Or as to how I should back up in general?



I would like to keep it under $100 (without the drives) but would be willing to increase if needed.

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment