Thursday, December 23, 2010

oxc0000011 Windows vista will not start up

Windows vista will not start on my computer. My computer will go through it's ordinary steps: Manufacturer home screen (except it shows the motherboard company because this computer is custom built), and Windows Error Recovery (the screen that shows whenever the computers power is interrupted). Windows automatically loads the "Start windows normally" option after 30 seconds. When it would normally load Windows vista it goes to a seperate screen. I have copied the words on the screen in case they are useful:

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have that disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer."

File: /Windows/system32/config/system
status: oxc0000011

Info: Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt."

On the Windows Error Recovery screen there are multiple options to choose, however I can't choose any of them because the keyboard does not work on that screen; the keyboard works on the previous screen (at least the CAPS lock button light lights up, which they don't on the Windows Error Recovery screen). I have made sure all the cords are properly plugged in.

The last thing I did on the computer before it tried to kill itself, was download and install Far Cry 2. Far Cry 2 seemed to install fine, I loaded the game, and after tweaking settings attempted to play. The game froze on the loading screen, nothing worked (including the keyboard) and I powered down the computer (by holding down the power button). When I turned the computer on again it went to the Windows Error Recovery screen, and this time the keyboard worked. The computer turned on normally, and I decided to try Far Cry 2 again. This time far cry 2 didn't even get to the menu screen, it showed a preliminary intro screen and then went to black, and eventually went to the blue screen of death and restarted. I could not get the computer to do anything, and the keyboard didn't work. I powered down the computer again and repeated the above process. The next time I turned on the computer Windows did not load.

I understand that I should do the steps outlined in the error message, but the problem is: I don't have the windows installation disc, my computer doesn't have a manufacturer, and I am the system administrator.

It would be nice to not have to lose all my data in a full reformat, but if it's necessary to get my computer back I will do it. I just wanted to make sure I tried everything.
Primarily I need to know if there is any way to get my computer working without reformatting, and if there is not, how to reformat the computer.

PS: My computer specs are:
CPU: AMD Athlon x64 core 2 duo 6000+
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 gt 256mb
RAM: 4GB
OS: Windows Vista
HD Space: over 30 GB

The Windows performance rating marks the recommended system requirements for Far Cry 2 at 5.5, and my computer is 5.4. The minimum requirements were about 4.0.

Thanks for reading.

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment