Thursday, December 30, 2010

T410s wont boot - any ideas?

Hey All,



Tried doing some searches on this, but seem to be going around in circles a little and dont know what to try next. Laptop is a T410s around 6 months old... SSD drive.



I was using my laptop before and it froze, quite odd given its never happened before. Oh well I thought and turned it off and back on again. Worked for about 5 mins then the screen just went dead. Now I cant turn it back on....



When I press the power button caps lock comes on, webcam light flashes and it looks like its turning on, however nothing comes up on the screen. Then it just sits and does nothing, power button in the middle is green which would suggest its turned on, but if i press the "mute" key or caps lock, they dont work, which makes me think its dead. I was hoping the screen was dead and was hoping by pressing the buttons I could atleast see the system was working.



I took the RAM out to make sure the whole system wasnt fried, and it beeps to warn me no RAM is in, which is making me think perhaps the SSD drive is dead. (which I really hope isnt the case)



Does anyone have any suggestions on what it might be?





Hayden



*edit - I forgot to add - nothing comes up on the screen ever, so it's not like it begins to boot and stop. The screen is just black. I have had the LCD replaced already, but dont think that is it. I did try and connect an external monitor however I get nothing still. I have also noticed the back left hand side of the laptop is very very hot, hotter than it has been before. Not sure if this means anything?

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment