Tuesday, December 21, 2010

can't install java 6 update 23, get error codes

My OS is Vista Home premium 32 bit with Vista sp2
Last night I attempted to install Java 6 Update 23. I had java 6 Update 22. So I removed it via the uninstall program function of Vista. I rebooted after uninstalling. I then went and manually removed any Java/Sun folders and items. I rebooted again

I went to the java website and began the installation process
I was able to download the installation, but not able to install it
Received the following message
Cannot locate network location %APPDATA% Error 1606

So I looked up error 1606 and on the Microsoft website, there seemed to be a fix tool for 1606 errors
So I attempted to run this tool and then got an error code 2738, so was not able to run the tool

Looked up error code 2738 and it said something about the following dll files might not be registered
They are vbscript.dll andjscript.dll

So I registered both of these by using the
Regsrv32 process. Both showed to now be registered

But then when I went to run the fix tool to correct error 1606, it was still unsuccessful
I went ahead and even looked at the registry items that should be fixed by the FIX IT tool for error 1606 and the registry items look correct

I even tried to go back and install java and again got that error Cannot locate network location %APPDATA% Error 1606

So I am at a loss as to what to do next

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment