Thursday, December 30, 2010

DO NOT BUY TOSHIBA LAPTOP!!! Story included!

This is going to be long but if you are in the market for a new laptop, I recommend you stay clear of TOSHIBA!



I decided to upgrade to a new Laptop back in April. I have had Dell's and an HP and they were decent. No real issues. I came across a Toshiba U505-s2002 at walmart. It is a little brown laptop that seemed rather practical. I wanted something that was compact but did not want a mini. I purchased one! I booted it up and started going through everything and it shuts down on me with an error. The computer says it has a fan malfunction and states that it needs to be returned to the depot. I thought it was just my luck. The computer got very hot before it just powered off. So the first two-three weeks of becoming a new owner of this laptop, it was at the depot "being repaired." I thought to myself, Just my luck! I asked them to check the hard drive over since the computer did get extremely hot. They said it was ok. I got it back and it froze up on me continuously. I called and spoke to their technical support a couple times. This goes on for a couple of months. I go to turn my computer on and the screen is now rainbow! You can not see the desktop! So I once again call tech support and we discover that if i put pressure on the back of the screen, my desktop appears where the pressure is. ( This laptop sits on my desk and has never been dropped or exposed to water or any harsh treatment. It has no scratches and looks brand new.) While on the phone I cracked the screen by applying pressure to it. The tech knew this because he was helping me get a paper off of the computer that was due for class the next day. He says send it in and we will take care of it. three more weeks go by and they return my computer to me still damaged. They said it is physical damage and it is not covered. I tried to explain but decided it was not worth my time. I took my computer to a local repair shop since a toshiba one was 2 hours away. They put in a new screen and I paid for it. I was still having troubles with my hard drive freezing on the machine so i called them a couple more times. They had me download a few drivers and so called fixes and report back. Finally at 3 am while working on a 15 page term paper for a final my computer froze up and wouldn't even boot! The technician advised me and walked me through re-seating the hard drive and memory chips. No luck. I sent it back in again. I recieved a phone call from toshiba stating that the screen was cracked and they were not going to take care of my computer under warranty! This hard drive issue started within the first two weeks of my purchase! It was because my fans were not hooked up internally from the get go. I sucked it up once again and ordered a new hard drive and was waiting for my computer to arrive back from the depot. It came alright! I took it straight to the local shop where they let me watch as they worked on it.



First off, the screw in the hard drive was cross threaded and no in all the way and crooked. They commented on it and I saw it. I know it was not like that when i re seated it. No big deal. Easy fix. They put in a new western digital hard drive and started loading the OS. we noticed the strip across the top of my keyboard was not popped in all the way. Someone was sloppy when assembling it at the depot obviously. Once booted, The keyboard did not work at all! so they took it apart to discover they never bothered to even plug it back in. Once plugged back in the number 4 6 and space bar do not work. Seriously TOSHIBA?



What is a 1 year warranty? I have been completely honest and it seems like they will find a way around no backing their product. I now have had to put new fans, screen, hard drive, and keyboard into a computer that was purchased late april 2010!



Absolutely fed up with their customer service!



I would not recommend a toshiba product to anyone and I hope this helps you in making your next computer purchase.





Jeff

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment