Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Create a Slipstreamed XP Disc w/Drivers (for xi/xa series)

Like a lot of people who are buying a new laptop, it comes with Windows Vista. In my case I wanted to have the option of dual-booting. So for me I wanted to install XP first followed by vista but I had problems installing windows XP onto my notebook because it wasn’t detecting the hard drive. The most simplest way around it is to use a floppy disk which contains the drivers for the hard drive and push f6 when it says if you need to install a SCSI or RAID controller. Now most people don’t have a USB floppy drive. So the alternative is to slipstream the drivers into an XP cd. This is a guide on how i went about doing it. Please note there are two guides here so please scroll down further till you reach the the word EDIT the second way is one which can be used for every laptop besides xi and besides fujitsu





To start I would recommend that all drivers and information needed are backed up prior to attempting this (or burn them onto CD). (plz note I do not take responsibility for anyone who does this. You do this at your own risk)



In my case I was doing this for my Fujitsu Siemens Laptop (Xi 1554).



This is how I went about doing it.



1. The software/hardware needed

* Windows XP CD with service pack 2 (SP2)

*



Then after change the mode to burn image and Burn that image onto a blank CD. You will have a XP cd with a large collection of hard drive drivers...(just to make sure...when you have burnt the cd open it up and make sure a folder called $OEM$ is in the root)



Now when booting up from the CD and going through the XP intial stages of it loading up things etc you wont need to push f6. Also note it will take a lot longer to load up the intial stages before choosing to install xp but if you look across the bottom you will see it will load up all the different MassStorage drivers (hopefully yours will be there and it will detect it)



ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:



MAYER played a major role in this method i tested it to make sure it worked and it picked up my hard drive so a big respect goes to mayer (and to me aswell :P) for finding this way! also checked it on my laptop and my friends one and worked for it



hope this helps..



Sunny



Please note any ideas to add to this or to improve it etc plz let me know and i will add it to this post...and let me know if it works for you...

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment