Thursday, December 30, 2010

My XPS 1645 reboots randomly

Since buying my XPS 1645 two months ago it very ocassionally reboots at completely random times.



Very ocassionally = maybe once or twice a week



Completely random = there's no pattern. It has rebooted once while typing an email, a few times while editing a Word file, and a few times while doing absolutely nothing. No apps open, just sitting idling at the desktop.



It's done it at home, at my work, at a friends place ... so doesn't seem to be power related.



What I've tried = resetting the RAM. Changing power point locations. Running off battery only. No difference.

Can't think of anything else to try without voiding my warranty.



When it reboots there is no BSOD screen, there is no error messagel, there is no warning at all. The first I know its happened is that I'm looking at the black POST screen and then watch Windows 7 loading again.



Looking at the Event Viewer - System all I see right after the reboot is something like "The previous system shutdown at 10:48:23 AM on ‎3/‎10/‎2010 was unexpected" but beforehand there is no hint that the machine was about to reboot.



Any suggestions before I call Support?



thanks!

Greetings from Australia



Specs:

Dell Studio XPS 1645, i7-840, 8Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD, Bluray, 9 cell battery, 130W AC adapter, A11 BIOS, Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment