Thursday, December 30, 2010

Advice needed (CMOS issue)

Hey folks.

Well, some of you may know that after I RMA'd my laptop in September, my laptop came back with a strange issue that I think is due to a damaged CMOS battery/module.

I'm leery about RMA'ing again. My laptop came back in worse shape than I sent it out in. I had tentative plans set up with Gary Key to send my laptop to him or Mason this December, but I've been trying to get a hold of him for about a month now and he still hasn't replied to my messages. I don't know if Asus will cover the shipping since it's their fault I have to RMA again (RBBX05 doesn't get the luxury of free shipping).



My question is, is a CMOS issue really worth sending my computer in? It doesn't affect the functionality of the notebook at all, except for when it loses power for more than 5 seconds. Even then, it's not a huge deal. I could probably send my laptop for repair through Best Buy, but I'm not sure if I'd be any better off than sending it to Asus directly.



Should I just ignore the issue, wait for Gary to eventually, possibly, get back to me, or should I get Best Buy to repair it?

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment