Thursday, December 30, 2010

Screwed over by ASUS LiveUpdate?

Ok, so I've had this laptop (G73JW-A1) for around a week, and I've been dealing with problems pretty much non-stop since around the second day I had it, beginning with fan problems.



I was pretty sure I didn't mess anything up myself since the problems started before I had even removed any bloatware or updated the drivers. However, I just remembered that I tried to run LiveUpdate almost straight away (I assumed it would be an easy way to download all of the latest drivers in one place)... I wasn't aware of how buggy the program was. After the downloading process had locked up twice around the third update in the list and the GUI kept bugging out, I did some research and discovered how garbage the program was. Naturally, I uninstalled it straight away.



The thing that worries me is the fact that it made it past the BIOS section of the updates. One would think it would prompt a reboot if the update was successful, but I'm not sure what else could have happened.



My questions are: is it possible that my problems are stemming from a bad BIOS update? and: If so, is there any way to roll back the BIOS?



Thanks.

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment