Sunday, January 2, 2011

Certain websites occasionally not working

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. It's been a pretty frequent problem for the last couple weeks, and I've done some googling and such and figured out how to temporarily fix it, but it always comes back.

Anyways, the problem is, certain websites (seems to happen most frequently with the websites that I visit most often; twitter, wikipedia, reddit, etc.) will just stop working (browser tells me it couldn't find the website (plus another error that I'll try to add when it happens again, something about not finding the page "/") and it happens in all browsers). The solution I've found through googling is to go into cmd and type "ipconfig /flushdns". I have no idea what this does, for all I know it could be doing harm to my computer, but after doing that and then clearing my browser cache, the website generally starts working again. Eventually, the problem will come up again and I'll have to repeat this process.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials as well as Malware Bytes and neither have found a virus/malware/whatever recently (I did have some when the problem started, so I'm thinking they may have messed with some files or something and it needs to be fixed).

I'm not exactly a computer expert so if anybody has a clue as to what I need to do to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment