Sunday, April 24, 2011

Webcam Isn't Working After Card Swap

... Any ideas?

Reply 1 : Webcam Isn't Working After Card Swap

Perhaps the connector under the keyboard has come loose. Was what happened to mine.

Reply 2 : Webcam Isn't Working After Card Swap

Is the little white light coming on / blinking at all? I'm thinking it's a connection problem as well as the connector is quite close to where you would have been working.



Does it show up correctly in the Device Manager?

Reply 3 : Webcam Isn't Working After Card Swap

Darn, the light does not come on at all, Aliensense does not come on nor does it work anywhere else. I tried the hotkey Fn+F9 to no avail.



I wasn't actually the one who opened it up... this could be a problem...



It shows up in Devices and Printers, but the Manufacturer and Model is unavailable..



EDIT: In Devices and Printers it also says the device is functioning properly... and the Troubleshoot can't find any solutions.. Strange. Help?

Reply 4 : Webcam Isn't Working After Card Swap

^^^ its a wiring connection problem... happened to me as well just as widezu says... Open up the keyboard and re-seat all the power connections...should help... try a power-drain trick after that and I think it should work...

If you need help in opening up the keyboard, let me know.... won't take more than 10 minutes to do it.. Hope this helped.

Reply 5 : Webcam Isn't Working After Card Swap


Quote:








Originally Posted by Sgt.
View Post

^^^ its a wiring connection problem... happened to me as well just as widezu says... Open up the keyboard and re-seat all the power connections...should help... try a power-drain trick after that and I think it should work...

If you need help in opening up the keyboard, let me know.... won't take more than 10 minutes to do it.. Hope this helped.



Even if it's still showing up in the device manager?

Reply 6 : Webcam Isn't Working After Card Swap

..^^ yup, that is what happened to me as well...pretty sure of it. PM me if u need to know the walk-through of opening up the keyboard panel without ripping apart your CPU and GPU. It's fairly simple and risk-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment