Thursday, April 14, 2011

Took Dell laptop to cafe, now I can't connect to home wifi

Hi there. I have a 2 month old Dell Inspiron that hasn't had connection problems until now. I took it to a coffee shop yesterday to do some work, as I often do, and when I got home it suddenly couldn't connect to our home wifi. I've restarted the router/modem and the laptop over and over. I've changed the password, cleared the DNS cache, release/renewed the IP, nothing works. My roommate's laptop connects just fine, and I'm able to use it via ethernet plugged directly into the router, but no wireless. No settings have been changed, and it can see the network (and that it is "Excellent" strength) but unable to connect. Help!

I'm using a 2Wire router, Windows 7, on a Dell Inspiron N4010.

thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment